Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Welcome to my pity-party.

Sometimes life sucks.  I got swine flu last week, and if that wasn't enough of a slap in the face, I came home very grouchy from work on Monday to find someone had broken into our apartment and robbed us.

Some worthless peice of shit widdled their scumfucked way into my place of residence and took things which belong to me.  I'm going to give myself a little while to feel angry and violated.  You can watch this video in the meantime...



How DO you stay faithful in a room full of hoes?  Someone has to ask the tough questions...

Anyway, back to my flu/robbery.  We called the police who came over to our apartment, stared at the door knob, and wrote down about how I saw trouble-making teens a few weeks ago.  I certainly didn't get the impression the Malden Police department were going to call in some CSI shit and get back my stuff though.


I'll take a few more minutes of pity-party now... 










Well, before I start feeling too much like life just wants to get me down, let's look at the facts of my situations.

On June 11, 2009 the World Health Organization (WHO)  declared a global pandemic of H1N1 (swine) flu was underway.  Did I think I was pandemic-proof??  No one is pandemic proof.  That's the point.

According to WHO there have been 622,482 confirmed cases of H1N1 world wide.  Though regions are no longer being required to report cases therefore this is most likely a drastic under-estimation. 

I should feel blessed I didn't get bird flu... that shit REALLY kills people.  According to WHO as many as 60% of people who contract H5N1 (bird) flu have died. 

Bright side to swine flu?  I didn't have bird flu.

So anyway, some bottom-feeding-shit-wads stole things which belong to Wesley and I.  Which aparently is called "burglary" by crime statisticians since they broke into our apartment to take it.   And before I go feeling special about myself there were 306 burglaries in Malden in 2008, which is actually a drop from 2007 which saw 387. 

Anyway, we as Americans should be jumping for joy really because according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (did you know that existed?) out of every 1,000 households 110 were burglarized in 1973 and only 26.3 were burglarized in 2008.  Do we have more pitbulls and guns?  I don't know, but that is a dramatic improvement.  These numbers can be seen here.

Bright side? While population density may be disgustingly on the rise, crimes against property in the U.S. are actually on the decline.

And now some British humor...

1 comment:

  1. VILLAINS! Do you have any suspects?

    Fortunately for you and Wes I am both a private investigator AND a super hero (among other things). I'm gonna solve this crime Law and Order: Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's Baby Mystery Club-Style.

    ReplyDelete